Are you eligible for medical negligence compensation?
If you are the victim of negligent care or a member of your family is struggling due to medical malpractice, you may be entitled to compensation. From prescription medication to hospital admission, most of us have some contact with healthcare professionals during the course of our lives. The vast majority of these encounters will occur without incident, but sometimes, mistakes can occur as a result of human error. Such errors can lead to further illness, accident or injury, which could have a catastrophic effect on quality of life.
Axiclaim’s team of specialist lawyers deal exclusively with medical malpractice claims and can offer you all of the support, advice and help you need in order to move forwards with a claim for compensation. If you are the victim of illness or injury due to medical negligence, we can help. Claims can be brought against:
- Individuals: i.e. doctors, consultants, nurses or any other professionals you may encounter
- Organisations: i.e. hospitals, clinics or nursing homes
- Medical services: i.e. dental practices or mental health services
Medical Malpractice Claims can be brought against parties in both the public and private sectors. Whether you’re suffering financial hardship because you’re unable to work, or need medical negligence compensation in order to pay for ongoing medical care, Axiclaim can help. Compensation isn’t awarded simply due to potential loss of earnings: it’s awarded for things like loss of enjoyment, loss of future employment, medical care and pain and suffering. We know that medical negligence can impact every part of your life, causing both physical and emotional suffering, which is why we make sure that you’re awarded compensation to help you come to terms with both the physical and emotional problems that you may be dealing with.
Many people wrongly believe that medical malpractice compensation can only be sought in extreme cases, such as failure to diagnose a terminal illness or mistakes made during surgery. But patients can claim compensation for a number of medically negligent incidents, including:
- Prescribing mistakes (incorrect medication prescribed, incorrect dosage prescribed, mistakes when writing down the drug/dosage needed)
- Failure to diagnose illness/injury despite diagnostic tests taking place
- Failure to diagnose illness/injury in a reasonable amount of time
- Misdiagnosis (incorrectly diagnosing one illness for another, leading to delays in the amount of time taken to receive proper care and treatment, or causing undue suffering and worry)
- Any medical error or mistake that results in an accident, illness or injury that occurs as a direct result of the negligence of a medical practitioner that could not have been reasonably foreseen or avoided
In order for a claim to be successful, it will need to be proven that the accident, illness or injury you are suffering from would not have otherwise occurred. But rest assured – if you are the victim of medical negligence and are suffering as a direct consequence of that negligence – Axiclaim will do everything we can to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Related blog posts